Rabbi Manning has developed 5 courses on the Philosophy, Development and Structure of Halacha, which investigate this important topic in different degrees of detail. You can download these audio shiurim and source sheets by following these links.
- Mekorot HaTorah Course – a 60-part course given to the students of MMY,
- Torah MiSinai – 20 lectures on the historical & philosophical evolution of the Oral Law
- Torah, Text and Transmission – a 10-part course given at the OU Israel Center in Jerusalem
- Halachic Change in the Modern World – 10 lectures on the development of halacha since the formation of the Talmud.
- Oral Law Crash Course – a 4-lecture introductory overview of the development of Halacha
- Minhagim – How do we reconcile Minhag with Halacha? Who defines what is a legitimate Minhag?